Information & Advice
- Dyspraxia Foundation
- DANDA (Developmental Adult Neuro-Diversity Association)
- Dyspraxia Foundation, Leicester branch. Contact: Jane 01530 245 928.
- Biggs, V (2005) Caged in chaos. A dyspraxic guide to breaking free. London, Jessica Kingsley.
- Colley M (2000) Living with dyspraxia. Hitchin, Dyspraxia Foundation.
- Colley M (2004) Learning support for students with dyspraxia. Presentation at DMU conference, 'Specific learning differences in HE and FE: dealing with neurodiversity'. Copies available from David Pollak, Student Services: SLAS, De Montfort University.
- Cottrell S (2003) Students with dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties. In Powell S (ed). Special teaching in higher education - successful strategies for access and inclusion. London, Kogan Page.
- Eckersley J (2004) Coping with dyspraxia. London, Sheldon.
- Portwood M (2000) Understanding developmental dyspraxia. London, David Fulton.
- Adders.org - to promote awareness to Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and to provide information and practical help to sufferers, both adults and children, and their families.
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- Barkley R (1990) Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A handbook for diagnosis and treatment. New York, The Guilford Press.
- Cooper P and Bilton, K (2002) Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A Practical Guide for Teachers. London, David Fulton.
- Derrington C (2004) Learning support for students with ADHD. Presentation at DMU conference, 'Specific learning differences in HE and FE: dealing with neurodiversity'. Copies available from David Pollak, Student Services: SLAS, De Montfort University.
- Kewley GD (2001) Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. London, David Fulton.
- Quinn P and McCormick M (ed) (1998): Re-Thinking AD/HD: A guide to fostering success in students with AD/HD at the college level. Maryland, Advantage Books.
- http://www.adultaddstrengths.com/ This is a wide-ranging website run by a Canadian ADDer who is also a life coach.
- Attwood T (1998) Asperger's Syndrome - a guide for parents and professionals. London: Jessica Kingsley.
- Blamires M & Gee S (online) Raising Aspirations: Increasing the Participation of Students with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (Social Communication Difficulties) in Higher Education. Report of the HEFCE strand two disability ASPIHE project. Available at: http://education-resources.cant.ac.uk/xplanatory/ [Accessed on 1.9.04]
- Brown M & Miller A (2003) Aspects of Asperger's - success in the teens and twenties. London, Paul Chapman.
- Gray C (1998) Social Stories and Comic Strip Conversations with Students with Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism. In E Schopler, G Mesibov & L Kunce (Eds.) Asperger Syndrome or High-Functioning Autism?. New York: Plenum Press.
- Harpur J, Lawlor, M & Fitzgerald, M (2004) Succeeding in College with Asperger Syndrome: A Student Guide. London: Jessica Kingsley.
- Howley, M (2004) Learning support for students with autistic spectrum disorders. Presentation at DMU conference, 'Specific learning differences in HE and FE: dealing with neurodiversity'. Copies available from David Pollak, Student Services: SLAS, De Montfort University.
- Howlin P (2nd ed 2004) Autism and Asperger Syndrome - preparing for adulthood. London: Routledge.
- Jackson L (2002) Freaks, Geeks and Asperger Syndrome - a user guide to adolescence. London: Jessica Kingsley.
- Jackson N (2002) Standing down falling up - Asperger's Syndrome from the inside out. Bristol, Lucky Duck.
- Jamieson J and Jamieson C (2005) Managing Asperger Syndrome at College and University. London: David Fulton.
- Jordan R (1999) Autistic spectrum disorders - an introductory handbook for practitioners. London: David Fulton.
- Mitchell C (2005) Glass half-empty, glass half-full: how Asperger's Syndrome changed my life. London: Sage.
- Powell S (Ed.) (2003) Special Teaching in Higher Education; successful strategies for access and inclusion. London: Kogan Page.
- Willey LH (2003) Asperger Syndrome in adolescence. London: Jessica Kingsley.
- National Autistic Society
- University Students with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome
- Abeel S (2005) My thirteenth winter: a memoir. Scholastic.
- Butterworth B (1999) The mathematical brain. London, Macmillan.
- Chinn S (2004) The trouble with maths. London, Routledge Falmer.
- Henderson A & Came F (2003) Working with dyscalculia. Learning Works.